Le 14/11/2023 par idoumghar :
As the OMeGA research team at IRIMAS Institute, Université de Haute-Alsace, we are seeking a highly motivated and skilled postdoctoral researcher to join our team and work on a project aimed at designing novel optimization algorithms through hybridization and/or integration with machine learning techniques to solve both combinatorial and continuous problems.
The candidate should have a keen interest in developing novel approaches that lead to better solutions to hard optimization problems in a more efficient way and demonstrate their usage in real-world problems such as truck-loading, vehicle routing, and location problems.
The project will involve exploring a range of possible directions, including but not limited to:
- Investigating the hybridization of different optimization algorithms to develop more efficient and effective hybrid optimization algorithms.
- Perform fundamental and applied research to design novel machine learning-guided algorithms to solve hard optimization problems.
- Investigating the use of machine learning tools for designing and tuning optimization algorithms.
- Perform experiments and studies to evaluate the developed algorithms for real-world or industry-level applications.
The successful candidate for this position is expected to:
- Contribute to performing scientific research on hybridized metaheuristics, especially on machine learning-guided optimization algorithms.
- Contribute to publishing results at international conferences and journals.
- Having a PhD degree (or in the process of obtaining) in Computer Science, Operation Research, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or a related field. Degree must be completed prior to joining our team.
- Good programming skills in C++ and Python.
- Experience with learning frameworks (such as PyTorch, TensorFlow).
- Experience with mathematical modeling and exact solvers (such as CPLEX, Gurobi)
- Having good communication skills and be eager to work as part of a research team.
- Having a good command of the English language (knowledge of French is not mandatory).
The position is a fixed-term postdoctoral research position for one year, based at IRIMAS Institute in Mulhouse, France. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse group of researchers, as well as to disseminate their findings through publications and presentations.
The application deadline for the position is December 10th, 2023.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, CV, list of publications, and at least two recommendation letters to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with an anticipated start date of February 1st, 2024.