Message > Senior Software Engineer for Deterministic Networking Algorithms in 5G (Huawei)
Le 15/05/2019 par Sebastien_Martin :
Senior Software Engineer for Deterministic Networking Algorithms in 5G
Work Location: Huawei R&D Boulogne-Billancourt/France
Dates: ASAP, if possible July 2nd – 1 year contract
Job Purpose and Responsibilities:
Deterministic networking (DetNet) is emerging as a key functionality to enforce the respect of latency and jitter constraint for time-sensitive applications over a traditional IP network, fostering the convergence of several vertical industries on the same network infrastructure.
We are designing advanced combinatorial optimization algorithms for a centralized network controller (SDN – Software Defined Networking controller) to configure DetNet (Deterministic latency Networking) schedulers and resource reservation.
We are looking for a Software Engineer. The work will mainly include:
- Software architecture of the network engine (efficient data structures, identification of modules)
- Implementation in C++ of DetNet routing and scheduling algorithms
- Test case generation and performance tests (scripts)
- Support for the integration with a third party tool
- Extensive use of parallelization tools (e.g., OpenMP)
- Integration of linear programming libraries (e.g., COIN-OR)
Requirements (Qualifications,Skills/Experience, etc)
- Engineering Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Electronics Engineering
- Extensive experience with C/C++ in Linux and Windows environments (> 4 years)
- Experience with development tools: visual studio, g++, SVN, GIT
- Experience with Python and script languages
- Experience with JAVA and JNI is a plus
- Background in Networking is a plus
- Background in Operation Research, Combinatorial Optimization is a plus.
Contact: Jérémie Leguay (firstname.lastname@example.org)