Message > Workshop on Computational Optimization (WCO18)
Le 12/01/2018 par antonio :
Call for Papers
11th International Workshop on Computational Optimization (WCO18)
Poznan, Poland, September 9-12, 2018
organized in the framework of FEDERATED CONFERENCE ON COMPUTER SCIENCE AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS
FedCSIS - 2018
We invite original contributions related to both theoretical and practical aspects of optimization methods. The list of topics includes, but is not limited to:
* combinatorial and continuous global optimization
* unconstrained and constrained optimization
* multiobjective and robust optimization
* optimization in dynamic and/or noisy environments
* optimization on graphs
* large-scale optimization, in parallel and distributed computational environments
* meta-heuristics for optimization, nature-inspired approaches and any other derivative-free methods
* exact/heuristic hybrid methods, involving natural computing techniques and other global and local optimization methods
The applications of interest are included in the list below, but are not limited to:
* classical operational research problems (knapsack, traveling salesman, etc)
* computational biology and distance geometry
* data mining and knowledge discovery
* human motion simulations; crowd simulations
* industrial applications
* optimization in statistics, econometrics, finance, physics, chemistry, biology, medicine, and engineering.
Best paper award
The best WCO18 paper will be awarded during the social dinner of FedCSIS2018.
The best paper will be selected by WCO18 co-Chairs by taking into consideration the scores suggested by the reviewers, as well as the quality of the given oral presentation.
Submission and Publication
* Authors should submit draft papers in PDF format.
* The total length of a paper should not exceed 10 pages for regular paper and 4 pages for short papers (IEEE style). IEEE style templates are available at http://www.fedcsis.org/.
* Papers will be refereed and accepted on the basis of their scientific merit and relevance to the workshop.
* Accepted and presented papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings and included in the IEEE Xplore database and submitted for different indexations (Position paper will only appear in the conference proceedings).
* Extended versions of selected papers presented at WCO18 will be published in edited books of the series "Studies of Computational Intelligence", Springer.
Paper submission (sharp / no extensions) : May 15th, 2018
Position paper submission : June 12th, 2018
Author notification : June 24th, 2018
Final paper submission and registration : July 3rd, 2018
Stefka Fidanova, Bulgarian Academy of Science, Bulgaria
Antonio Mucherino, IRISA, University of Rennes 1, France
Daniela Zaharie, West University of Timisoara, Romania
If you have any question do not hesitate to send an email to : email@example.com