Message > GECCO 2018 - CFP - Workshop on Landscape-Aware Heuristic Search
Le 11/01/2018 par Nada :
3rd Workshop on Landscape-Aware Heuristic Search
Held in conjunction with the Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO 2018)
Kyoto, Japan, 15-19 July 2018
Submission start: 27 February 2018
Submission deadline: 27 March 2018
Acceptance notification: 10 April 2018
Camera-ready deadline: 24 April 2018
Workshop date: 15 or 16 July 2018 (TBC)
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
Fitness landscape analysis and visualisation can provide significant insights into problem instances and algorithm behaviour. The aim of the workshop is to encourage and promote the use of landscape analysis to improve the understanding, the design and, eventually, the performance of search algorithms. Examples include landscape analysis as a tool to inform the design of algorithms, landscape metrics for online adaptation of search strategies, mining landscape information to predict instance hardness and algorithm runtime.
The workshop will focus on, but not be limited to, topics such as:
- Evolvability and searchability characterisation
- Exploiting problem structure
- Exploratory landscape analysis
- Fitness landscape analysis
- Fitness landscape visualisation
- Fitness landscape theory
- Grey-box optimisation
- Informed search strategies
- Local optima networks
- Multi-objective fitness landscapes
- Performance and failure prediction
- We invite submissions of the following types of papers:
- research papers (up to 8 pages)
- software libraries/packages (up to 2 pages)
- position papers (up to 2 pages)
- Submissions of early and in-progress work are encouraged.
- Papers should be in ACM (Association for Computing Machinery) format, see GECCO 2018 (http://gecco-2018.sigevo.org/) for details.
- Accepted submissions will be presented during the workshop and will appear in the GECCO Companion proceedings.
- Workshop papers must be submitted using the GECCO submission system. Once logged in, please select the "Workshop Paper" option in the "Make a New Submission" tab and then choose the appropriate workshop. The workshop paper submission form will be available from 27 February 2018.
Nadarajen Veerapen, Arnaud Liefooghe, Sébastien Verel and Gabriela Ochoa
University of Stirling, Scotland, UK
Université de Lille, Villeneuve d'Ascq, France
Inria Lille-Nord Europe, Villeneuve d'Ascq, France
Université du Littoral Côte d'Opale, Calais, France