Forum 'Annonces' - Sujet créé le 01/03/2019 par Webmaster ROADEF
Le 01/03/2019 par Webmaster ROADEF :
My apologies for re-posting. This is a reminder of the previous PhD scholarships call.
Thanks to an arisen opportunity, we at the Operational Research (OR) group, Liverpool John Moores University (United Kingdom) may be able to offer a small number of PhD scholarships (full or tuition-fees-only depending on the quality of the candidate).
There are two types of scholarships:
- The ones for UK/EU/settled students:
- Deadline 3rd March. Results to be known by end of March.
- provide full tuition fees for three years and,
- living expenses + running cost cover of about £16,500 each year (to be determined) for 3 years
- students have to enrol in Sept-Oct 2019
- Brexit will not have any impact on these scholarships
- The ones for international students:
- Provide about £20,000 each year (to be determined). Students can use this amount to pay toward their tuition fees and living expenses.
- If the successful candidate joins one of the projects currently being run by the OR group, he/she may get additional scholarships depending on research performance and level of contribution.
Regarding research topic, any area in OR/optimisation/simulation/data analytics/computational intelligence would be acceptable. However, I would prefer a topic that relates to one of our existing projects, which are in the following areas:
- OR techniques to study/mitigate the impact of climate change on transportation. For example, we have a project (with Merseyrail and Network Rail) on using data analytics and optimisation to anticipate and mitigate the impact of leaves falling on train tracks.
- Evolutionary computation or meta-heuristics
- OR/data analytics applications in rail, in partnership with Merseyrail, Network Rail, and Rail Delivery Group
- OR applications in maritime, in partnership with UK, EU and overseas ports
- OR applications in sustainable transportation, e.g. bicycle, e-bikes, walking, buses, emission/congestion reduction etc., in partnership with local authorities and transport authorities (e.g. the ones in Liverpool and Manchester)
- OR applications in logistics (e.g. bin packing, vehicle routing etc.) in partnership with logistics companies, especially those in airports, ports, and manufacturing plants (especially those in Liverpool).
- OR applications in manufacturing, in partnership with car manufacturers e.g. Vauxhall and Jaguar Land Rover.
Interested candidates please contact Dr. Trung Thanh Nguyen T.T.Nguyen@ljmu.ac.uk with your full CV and transcripts. It is important that interested candidates contact me ASAP to ensure that we can prepare your applications in the best way to maximise your chance before the deadline of 3rd March.
Could you please forward this to any interested and eligible candidates?
Thank you very much
Dr. Trung Thanh Nguyen,